Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Τρίτη 3 Απριλίου 2018

The Way Things Look: a Defence of Content

Abstract

How does perceptual experience disclose the world to our view? In the first introductory section, I set up a contrast between the representational and the purely relational conception of perceptual experience. In the second section, I discuss an argument given by Charles Travis (Mind 113: 57–94, 2004) against perceptual content. The third section is devoted to the phenomenon of perceptual constancy: in 3.1 I describe the phenomenon. In 3.2 I argue that the description given suggests a phenomenological distinction that can be deployed for a defence of content. In 3.3 I compare and contrast my view of perceptual content with that of Susanna Schellenberg (The Journal of Philosophy 105(02): 55–84, 2008). Finally (3.4), I support my conception of content by means of an argument that links content to the way in which the mind-independent nature of material objects is manifest in perceptual experience.



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Σημείωση: Μόνο ένα μέλος αυτού του ιστολογίου μπορεί να αναρτήσει σχόλιο.