Αναζήτηση αυτού του ιστολογίου

Σάββατο 6 Ιανουαρίου 2018

On the Relation Between Visualized Space and Perceived Space

Abstract

In this paper, I will examine the question of the space of visual imagery. I will ask whether in visually imagining an object or a scene, we also thereby imagine that object or scene as being in a space unrelated to the space we're simultaneously perceiving or whether it is the case that the space of visual imagination is experienced as connected to the space of perceptual experience. I will argue that the there is no distinction between the spatial content of visualization and the spatial content of visual perception. I will base my conclusion on two uncontroversial, empirically confirmed aspects of imagery: (a) the perspectival character of imagery, and (b) the possibility of superimposing an imagined object upon the perceived scene.



Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια:

Δημοσίευση σχολίου

Σημείωση: Μόνο ένα μέλος αυτού του ιστολογίου μπορεί να αναρτήσει σχόλιο.